Lynwood Mobile Device Management
Since the onset of the 2020 pandemic, more companies than ever have been starting to implement flexible remote working policies. These policies have also changed the way people work, with more people spending increasing amounts of time on mobile devices such as laptops and smartphones than on desktops and landlines.
Unfortunately, this rise in mobile device use can introduce serious security flaws. Remote workers often use unsecured wifi connections instead of the normal wired office network, making it easier for hackers to launch and successfully execute attacks on a company’s data and network.
At Emerald City Solutions, we have the skills and expertise to help Lynnwood-area companies and organizations manage their data security in this kind of Cloud-based environment. Call us today for a consultation.
Mobile device management, MDM, is a security measure to combat the vulnerability of mobile devices to attack. The best mobile device management platforms tend to offer many useful features, including:
- Device inventory and tracking
- Application restrictions
- Remote service management
- Jailbreaking alerts
- Password enforcement
- 2FA capabilities
- Mobile support and management
At Emerald City Solutions, we can tailor our mobile device management solutions to meet your company’s needs. Every company has different security requirements, so a customized solution will ensure that your requirements are met without overpaying for mobile device management services you don’t need.
If you’re not 100% sure about what services you need, our talented team is always on hand to help. We’ll assist you in finding the ideal balance between security and usability that will improve productivity and enhance your network safety.
How Does Mobile Device Management (MDM) Software Work?
Mobile device management relies on a centralized control console and end-user software to provide an interface between all mobile devices on your network. The centralized management console can configure and send out policies to all devices linked to the network, allowing unparalleled monitoring and control.
Older mobile device management platforms had issues with scalability. There, adding a new device required manual inputs and client-initiated updates. Currently, the best mobile device management platforms provide automated updates, ensuring that the software is up-to-date on all connected devices.
The software can also detect any new devices that connect to the network and apply over-the-air updates to ensure that all devices are compliant with the MDM platform’s policies.
Support for Any Mobile Computing Platform
Any good mobile device management platform will offer security features that streamline the experience for end-users and managers alike. As Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) policies become increasingly common due to the rise in popularity of consumer devices, it’s essential to have the right mobile device management platform in place.
While you may not need all of the features found in the best mobile device management services, here are some basics that your platform should offer:
- Mobile asset inventory that tracks all of the devices on the network and available mobile devices the company offers
- Mobile device provisioning that includes device receipts and audits
- Mobile software distribution that relies on automated systems to ensure compliance across all devices on the network
- Mobile data protection, which defends data against attacks, especially when on an unsecured network
- Help desk support that provides workable solutions and minimizes disruptions to the daily operations of users and managers alike
The Benefits of Mobile Device Management
Without proper management, mobile device use can be a liability for the company. Having a proper mobile device management protocol in place can offer more than just added security. Additional benefits include:
- Ability to track mobile devices and maintain a mobile device inventory
- Enhanced business network security and data protection, regardless of location
- Accurate mobile device provisioning that allows for comprehensive device management throughout the company
- Remote management that allows for centralized policies and faster threat handling
- Faster and more reliable software and device updates to keep all devices up-to-date with the latest security features
Hire the Best Mobile Device Management Company in Lynnwood, WA
At Emerald City Solutions, we understand that keeping up with shifting security needs can be tricky. Whether you have a workplace mobile device policy or rely on BYOD, our team can provide you with the right mobile device management solution for your business’s needs.
For more information on services in Lynnwood, WA, give us at Emerald City Solutions a call at (206) 340-1616. Our expert team is ready to secure your mobile devices and networks for your ultimate peace of mind.