Every minute, a handful of companies across the U.S. become the targets of cyberattacks. Cybercriminals mark out businesses large and small—so you want to do whatever possible to avoid your business becoming the next focal point.
No matter what industry you work in, you need watertight cybersecurity to protect your company’s and your clients’ sensitive data. At Emerald City Solutions, we are here to assist you with comprehensive cybersecurity services.
The term cybersecurity refers to defending PCs, mobile devices, servers, networks, and any internet-connected systems from cyberthreats.
You need an effective cybersecurity system to protect your Everett, WA, business. Watertight cybersecurity can safeguard your company’s function, prevent data breaches, and save you a lot of money.
The damage of an unmitigated cyberattack can reach into the hundreds of thousands of dollars—and that’s not counting potential lawsuits from clients whose private data may have leaked because of inadequate cyber security systems.
A sobering fact: About two-thirds of small to mid-sized businesses faced at least one cyberthreat within the past two years. You must arm yourself against cybercrime.
Common Cybersecurity Threats That Washington Businesses Encounter
Cyberattacks can take many forms. Here are a few common cyberthreats your business may encounter:
- Phishing. Have you ever received a suspicious email with a request to provide personal information, install a program, or click a link? That’s phishing. Usually, phishing aims to steal credit card numbers or login credentials.
- Theft. Cybertheft encompasses a range of methods cybercriminals use to gain access to bank accounts and credit cards. Of course, in some cases, you may also deal with physical theft of computers and other devices containing sensitive data.
- Spoofing. Spoofing is a technique cybercriminals use to disguise themselves as legitimate persons or businesses – such as one of your coworkers or business partners. Users who engage with a spoofed email or site may leave their personal data in the hands of fraudulent organizations.
- Compromised credentials. Compromised credentials occur when a malicious party obtains a legitimate person’s credentials, such as passwords, to access protected business assets.
- Second-degree hacking. Second-degree hacking is the attempt to reach an end target through the direct victim. For example, a hacker may target your business with the goal of obtaining your clients’ or partners’ financial data.
- Shadow IT. Shadow IT includes all the work and messaging apps your staff uses to communicate, such as chatting on WhatsApp or organizing tasks on Trello. These apps don’t usually submit to the same security procedures as the rest of the IT department and thus may be more vulnerable to data breaches.
How Can Emerald City Solutions Protect Your Business?
At Emerald City Solutions, we use a three-fold cybersecurity-services approach to protect your business against cybersecurity attacks.
- Education. Enhancing cybersecurity often involves educating your staff and partners on best IT security practices. We can teach your team to stay alert against cybersecurity threats, provide clear guidelines on protecting company devices, and reinforce IT hygiene basics.
- Threat detection and response. What are the weak points in your cybersecurity systems? Our cybersecurity package includes multi-layered cyberthreat detection and swift response tools.
- Solution development. We address not only present but also future potential cyberthreats to your business and clients. We provide strategic solutions such as Unified Threat Management, security filters, and other methods to increase both security and team productivity.
At Emerald City Solutions, we are a family-owned cybersecurity company with strong local connections and full commitment to excellent service. We can take confusion out of IT and make your life easier with innovative cybersecurity solutions.
Defend Your Business Against Cyberattacks with Emerald City Solutions
Protect your business against a rising tide of cybercrime with advanced IT cybersecurity from our team at Emerald City Solutions. We can safeguard your private devices, fortify your internet and cloud security, and provide cybersecurity consulting.
Call us at 206-456-4436 today for reliable cyber security services in Everett, WA.
Locations We Serve:
Cyber Security Services Lynnwood